Mylawnmowerforum.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an old rotary mower that belonged to my grandfather. I am enclosing some photos as I think it is in good shape and would like some information about the dating and history of such lawn mowers. It is an Eclipse self sharpening and lever adjustable mower. It has the original rubber tires and still cuts well. Inside one of the wheels is the number 89 C and in the other wheel itis stamped with 90 C . The name is embossed on the end of the mower push handle. I would like to know what the original colors might have been. I see a rim of bright red paint inside the rim of the wheel cover. IMG_4339.jpg

IMG_4340.jpg

IMG_4341.jpg

IMG_4342.jpg

IMG_4343.jpg

IMG_4344.jpg

IMG_4345.jpg

·
Administrator
6,202 Posts
Welcome to the forum! That really is in nice shape for the age. Must have spent most if not all of it's life stored inside. I don't know enough about them to guess age other then with the rubber tires might put it 1940's? Still has the wood handle and not steel. Older models 1930's on back had the steel wheels I believe.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Welcome from Gettysburg..
Nice cutter!

·
Registered
683 Posts
:Greet: to MLF jzgadz

That's cool that you can keep your grandfathers memory alive with something passed down. :coolpics:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts