My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is a quick reference list showing the Model, Series Number and Year of Manufacture of the different engine powered reel mowers manufactured by the Eclipse Lawn Mower Company of Prophetstown, IL from 1938 to 1961.

They include the Bel Mar, Lark, Rocket, Rocket Deluxe, Rocket Hi-Cut, Parkhound, Rolloway and Speedway.

View attachment 775

·
Premium Member
6,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This is a list published by The Eclipse Lawn Mower Company of Prophetstown, IL that was intended to help both the dealer and the consumer identify which mower they had to make ordering replacement parts easier.

The list covers reel, sickle and rotary mowers from 1938 to 1960. It lists the reel mowers by Model. The Tornado was their sickle mower. Rotary mowers are listed by Series Number Only. From this list, a cross reference to the Series Number and Briggs and Stratton engine used could be made, as well as the year of manufacture.

The preferred engine of the Eclipse Lawn Mower Company was from Briggs and Stratton, though other engines of other makes were used.

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Great stuff! :) Thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought it might be a good idea to save the chart off of the angelfire site. Didn't want it to just up and disappear one day and wish I had so I made myself sit down and make a new one the other day. Sure wish that angelfire site was still active. "How old is my mower" seems to be a question that gets asked quite a bit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
This is some great stuff. I recently aquired an Eclipse reel lawn mower that I intend to restore. Thanks for posting.

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Nice! What model Eclipse?

·
Registered
4 Posts
It's a 1951 Eclipse Rocket with a Briggs 5S engine. I'm missing a carb and tank, and the blower housing. I'm sure someone has those parts somewhere. I'll try to get some before and after pics posted up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts