My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Except the engine had no spark.

Then I found out the trans was bad.

The rear tires won't hold air because it sat in a shed so long the rear wheels are rusted through. Not the rubber went bad (it is) but the metal of the wheel is rusted through.

Can't find a thing on it to save :sorry:

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd like to save the weight box off the back but don't have a way to mount it to anything I have presently. Only reason I've hung onto it is I have a blower for it but I think I have to cut that tie and send it and the blower on their way.

·
Premium Member
9,017 Posts
Did you try swapping magneto? Bet the engine will run with replacement magneto. I see a lot of good parts to salvage. We been good at saving parts when we get a Junker. You have some issues with those back wheels, they never like to come off those MTD machines.
Good luck on your decision! I'd probably junk it too!

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He just doesn't understand the deep emotional tie I have for this machine my in-law stuck ,,, I mean graciously offered to me for free to transplant the engine into my project. (engine bad) :soap:

Then told me the transmission was out on it once I had it home.

Reactions: Ericjr16

·
Premium Member
9,017 Posts
Kiss4afrog, you got took like me then!! Bought a JD L125? With twin Briggs. I failed to spin it over good at PO house. Wound up having two blown rods, guy flat out lied to me, surprise!? :(

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's one of those things where I'm pretty sure when he put it in the shed the engine ran and the trans was poor and he bought a new Deutz rider. It was sitting in the shed too, in parts since he's on a third now.

When he parked it maybe it still ran but that might have been 10-15-20 years ago. It's just too far gone for me to do anything with it but might find someone who needs something off it. For a while I was toying with making an electric out of it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.