My Lawnmower Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where the Duraforce engine was built? Also have they been lasting as long as the old OMC engines? I have read that it was built in Asia for many Toro applications. They seem to be just as good as an "F" longevity wise. Although I am not certain that they have any more power.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have a 10323 I picked up for free on trash pick up. Put a new coil and B&S 801308 jet in it and it is the best most powerful LB have ever owned. Total investment of about $50. Roger

·
Registered
7 Posts
Time will tell if they will last as long as the tried and true omc engines. The F engines were rated from 4.5-5.5 hp I believe. Maybe the best way to find out who made the Duraforce engines would be to drop an e
Mail to Toro themselves. The V engines are very similar to the Duraforce too

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone know where the Duraforce engine was built? Also have they been lasting as long as the old OMC engines? I have read that it was built in Asia for many Toro applications. They seem to be just as good as an "F" longevity wise. Although I am not certain that they have any more power.
the lawnboy E or Dura force was built by toro.2 versions of this engine were made,the reed valve summer engine was the lawnboy dura force,and the winter version was a piston port.the lawnboy engine was set on a 32:1 mix and toros version was a 50:1 mix. the lawnboy engine were made from very late 1997 to late 2004.the toro version is still in production for there single stage blowers.and the toro engine was rated from 4 to 6.5 hp as the lawnboy engine was 6.5hp only.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts