My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok well the Dura Force I got for 30 bucks to fix up and resell I think is a bust. It would try to start and just sputter for 10-15 seconds and then die. So I stole the coil which fit my 10301 and Got it running nice. Bored so I started tearing down the Dura Force and Found that the piston and the head is scored.

Is it worth messing with or at this point just part it out? It paid for itself with the coil which was gonna cost me 30+ bucks for the 10301.

·
Premium Member
6,109 Posts
That's always a tough call. I always want to see these old mowers run, so I'm inclined to fix them. So, what is it worth as a parts mower, and what would it be worth as a running machine? Would the difference out weigh the cost of the parts to get it running? Then again, for me, what value do I place on the satisfaction of making it run like new again.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The more i looked at it the more parts I am needing for it. I wanted to get it running too. But I think I will just use it as parts. Thanx for your input.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have an "F" engine that was straight gassed. The piston looks much worse than that and it runs perfect, starts on first or second pull. Might not be as bad as it seems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts