My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

A couple weeks ago I had my friend Nels perform a dyno tune on my bike and while doing so captured a bunch of footage and thought you guys might enjoy watching some of the pulls. I made some changes to it earlier in the year and needed to have it tuned because of it. Nels creates two separate maps, one for each cylinder on these Ducati v-twins.

I have never said this before about any bike I've owned, but I told Nels that I'm not here to make this Saturn V rocket any faster; the object is to confirm the engine is running as safe as possible after these changes. That said, overall it came out from the tune with over 6 additional hp and 4+lbft of torque.

If you're wondering what that rattling sound is in the very low rpm's, it's dry clutch clatter.

·
Administrator
6,228 Posts
:cool

So does it have an engine control computer like a car or truck that he is making the adjustments to? Is it fuel injected?

Since I did not see him tweaking carb adjustments it just now registered with me that this bike might be a bit higher tech then that. ;) :bag:

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Nice!! Sounds sweet!!! I is wanting a bike now! ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts