My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Wood
Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Wood
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Electrical wiring Automotive wheel system Auto part

i have replaced the 7.5 amp fuse holder and solenoid. i have 12 volts fron the battery to the starter cable on the right side of solenoid but nothing from the battery to the left side of the solenoid. solenoid wont click and it wont start. hopefully someone else on here has had the same issue.
and the igniton switch is good because i tested it.

· Super Moderator
6,213 Posts
View attachment 62947 View attachment 62947 View attachment 62948

i have replaced the 7.5 amp fuse holder and solenoid. i have 12 volts fron the battery to the starter cable on the right side of solenoid but nothing from the battery to the left side of the solenoid. solenoid wont click and it wont start. hopefully someone else on here has had the same issue.
DR might just have an electrical diagram available if you search by the model number of your mower.

· Founding Administrator
1,281 Posts
View attachment 62947 View attachment 62947 View attachment 62948

Let's see if I understand this. While the machine is setting, you get 12v on the RIGHT post on solenoid as we see it in the picture? That should only have 12v when the solenoid has activated and is giving the starter the voltage to activate. The solenoid post on the left should always have 12v. Try this. Take a small wire and touch the solenoid on the left side and touch the small center post. It should turn the engine.

I don't know anything about this type of machine, but does it have any safeties at all?

· Registered
135 Posts
I agree, rite side to battery, middle to key switch thru any safeties and left red wire to starter. If jumping the two then you are probably having a connection problem thru the safety switches. You show have a good connection from that green wire to the battery negative and also to the chassis. Try cleaning that connection.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts