My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my 1st zero turn, a Gravely ZT 50. I have some physical problems and from just playing around with it, it is a lot harder for me to get on and off of because I don't have the steering wheel to grab a hold of.
Then in my new owner zeal, the 1st thing I did when I got it home was to wax it......even the platform where your feet go.
Well of course now it is pretty slick so I have to be really careful now about getting off.
I was thinking (which can lead to problems in my case) - 1st I was thinking about why not put down some rubber on that area, then just poke holes thru it where the holes in the platform are ? I figured worst case would be I had to replace every year or so.
Then I thought, better yet, how about putting down strips of that sandpaper like strips they use for non-slip areas ?
I don;t see any problems doing this, but figured I would ask as I often overlook things.
Pretty trivial, sorry - was just wondering tho.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like that bed liner idea. I may give that a shot.
As for cleaning my mower after every use - wellllll, KI usually start out strong, but after a few years I tend to get pretty lazy about that.
Tho the most I have ever paid for a mower was around $1600, so I would imagine I will stay on top of this one longer.......
thanks for the info

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.