·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would share with you what I was watching....closely

This was @ 1 AM 10-27-2012

This was @ 11 AM 10-27-2012

This was @ 3 PM 10-27-2012

Hopefully she'll tract NE and stay out to sea and spare the NE US coastline.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Whew, close one for you. But a good excuse for a Hurricane Party :party I have friends and Family on the East coast and keeping the 6 million+ folks on the Seaboard in our prayers. One of those rare times I hope the weatherman is wrong!

·
Administrator
6,228 Posts
It's looking more like I might be dodging this one too. The models are moving it further East now then originally. Still 100% chance of rain, snow, and high winds in our forecast from it here being such a large storm.

One thing for sure after 80°F Wednesday and Thursday this damp cool weather and barometer fluctuations are giving my already aching back and joints fits. Last thing I need now is dealing with the power out. :rolleyes:

But might get to see the first flakes of snow for the season from this. :cool Once again my climate control loving body is conflicting with my outdoor loving brain. :D

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
You guys doing ok? Been following it and hope everyone is prepared and safe.

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All good to go here! Cold front moved in and now its windy as anything and a bit chilly! Now, just hoping and praying for the best for our northern neighbors.

·
Administrator
6,228 Posts
I'm good here. Just little breezy. ;)

I'm at 1.64" of rain for a storm total that has accumulated since the passage of the cold front Saturday. Highest wind gust so far has been 33mph. They still say we could have some peaks gusts up to 60 mph later tonight. But I doubt we'll see that here. Also a possibility of an inch or so of snow.

I'm downhill about 40' from the North winds and if I flood here at 960' elevation we all best be building an ark as most of the city would be under 100' of water. So in short no need to worry about me. :)

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
We didn't get to evade the storm like the rest of you. According to the weather maps, the storm went directly over my area about midnight Monday night. Thankfully, the fury of the storm had subsided tremendously and it really wasn't too bad other than 23 hours of power outage. I don't think we even got the predicted 60mph wind unless I miss my guess. The more polulated area about 20 minutes south of us had little or no power outage, but from what I hear there it still a significant amount of folks out of power yet.

Glad I don't live in Brooklyn, New York City...:( Some of those folks got allot of cleanup to do.

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Glad to hear all is well with you, Wayne. It sounds like you happen to live in just the right area that missed the eye of the storm.

I agree, my heart goes out to those folks who are still without power and have a lot of cleanup to do.

·
Administrator
6,228 Posts
Good to hear you came through Ok Wayne! :cool

As much as a pain it is to be without power, compared to what some are going through and despite my own complaining about it, we're all really pretty fortunate when that is all we have to complain about. :)

The July windstorm was much worse here with trees into houses and on cars but without the flooding added in like the NE got this time around. I was fortunate then with the worst wind damage about 5 miles SSW of me. That storm took down and damaged a bunch trees in the area where I grew up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts