My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Great virtue and excellence goes to those who have the patience and ability not to go stir crazy while waiting for parts to arrive; especially during circumstances where a hamper is put on the progression of your project until they arrive.

It's not easy thing! ;) It never has.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Aside from tractors, I love and play with old motorcycles. Several years ago I ordered a bunch of parts for one I was refurbishing. The parts were coming from Canada and I was getting tired of waiting.
I went down and began building, making bushings on the lathe and repairing what needed it. To heck with waiting! I wanna ride.
I was just finishing up. Getting ready to pour in some fuel and fill it with oil. The wife walked in carrying a box.......

·
Registered
552 Posts
August 25th I ordered a muffler from an ebay seller in TN, it was picked up by USPS on the 26th. Made it to KC, KS on the 28th. It should have been here the next day, but no, it's back in Springfield, MO the 29th! :dunno::dunno::dunno: Now it's back in KC, KS! We'll see! :banghead:

Fortunately, it's not one I need right away!

Reactions: Austen

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Aside from tractors, I love and play with old motorcycles. Several years ago I ordered a bunch of parts for one I was refurbishing. The parts were coming from Canada and I was getting tired of waiting.
I went down and began building, making bushings on the lathe and repairing what needed it. To heck with waiting! I wanna ride.
I was just finishing up. Getting ready to pour in some fuel and fill it with oil. The wife walked in carrying a box.......
That's great! So did you end up mailing everything back for a refund?

Yup... that pretty much sums it up.

its like waiting for christmas
Indeed!

August 25th I ordered a muffler from an ebay seller in TN, it was picked up by USPS on the 26th. Made it to KC, KS on the 28th. It should have been here the next day, but no, it's back in Springfield, MO the 29th! :dunno::dunno::dunno: Now it's back in KC, KS! We'll see! :banghead:

Fortunately, it's not one I need right away!
Gotta love UPS ground.

It's the worst! Especially if they finally come and it's the wrong dang part number!
Exactly, or if something was damaged or not included.

My project is pending on a decal kit that I ordered but I just found out yesterday it could be another 10 days until it's shipped because they're so backed up. All in all it'll be close to a month before it finally arrives.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Muffler finally got here today!

Now to figure out how to mount it on the 12-1/2HP Briggs I have in the 70 I. I'll have to move the brace bracket & may need a heat shield, but I can do that.

Attachments

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Keep us posted on the project.

That muffler was one of the options I was considering using for my project.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Keep us posted on the project.

That muffler was one of the options I was considering using for my project.
It may be a while before I get to it! :dunno:

·
Registered
650 Posts
several years ago I ordered a few parts online, all went well till I thought 3 weeks is an awful long time for anything to get here, checked with the company and it was shipped and should have been here in under a week,,,,turned out while I was talking to a neighbor telling him about the "lost" parts ,,he went into his garage and handed me a box that UPS dropped off at his place . my parts of course...been in his garage all that time ,good neighbor huh ?...lol...UPS driver probably in a hurry and figured his place was close enough

·
Premium Member
6,109 Posts
Yep, that sort of thing happens. A few years ago I was waiting for parts, and happened to be online on the UPS site checking the status the shipment when I heard the unmistakable sound of a UPS truck. I actually watched the status being changed from en route to delivered. However, no door bell, and nothing on my front porch. I looked across the street, and sure enough, there was my package on my neighbor's step. The house number of 2021 was close enough to 2020 when in a hurry I guess.

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Glad you guys happened to find out the deliveries went to your neighbors instead.

Yup, there's nothing like the feeling of hearing the UPS truck come down the street but not stop at your house when you're expecting a package that day.

I remember one time while tracking a shipment the status was changed to "delivered" but the package was not at the front door. I remember walking up and down the street looking at my neighbor's front door steps to see if it was left there, but did not see anything. About an hour later or so the status changed again stating there was another day left until the box would be delivered. In any case, it's an upsetting feeling to see that "delivered" status when it's not actually there!

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
You know, there's going to be one collective jump for joy when your decals arrive!
Yes!

I'm very anxious- more than I could put into words.
I wish I had known there was a long lead time beforehand.

The tractor is all done and put back together aside from them which is the most difficult part about it. I can't wait to bring it home!

·
Registered
480 Posts
At my age, older than a lot but younger than some I usually order something and then forget about it. It shows up and I'm happy. Lols. I'm suffering from C.R.A.F.T.s disease.
P.M. me and I'll tell you what it is if you don't know but it's not PG-13.

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm suffering from C.R.A.F.T.s disease.
P.M. me and I'll tell you what it is if you don't know but it's not PG-13.
PM sent!

·
Registered
480 Posts
Reply sent

1 - 20 of 27 Posts