My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have much expierence mowing with a rider, but I have to cut around a few trees and after I finished I noticed the outside edges of the blade seem to be cutting slightly lower. I know the front axle on my machine is designed to pivot slightly, which I suppose would explain the uneveness. So Im wondering what your take on such an axle is? Im thinking of disabling this feature as it may be overall doing more harm than good.

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
I can't say that I've experienced this myself and is not a common issue that I've heard about but it's not to say that it would be entirely impossible with a particular machine's design either. Usually the design of a pivoting axle is to help keep the machine flat over bumps and off camber places vs. a solid mounted unit that will make a machine feel more like a teeter totter.

If you have the ability to disable the feature safely on your machine, then I would test it to see if it in fact solves the problem.

What make and model of machine is this?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its a little toro 8/32. it has a bar steel axle with one center hole thru which a single bolt keeps it in place and allows a certain amount of movement. I guess it helps with bumps at the expense of leaning abit if you turn to hard/sharp. Since my yard isnt all that bumpy I think Ill try to wedge something between the frame and axle and test it out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you have the abillity to, you need to lower the deck wheels. It has nothing to do with the front axle, its just that the wheels are too high right now so it cuts in on weird slop. Lower them down a couple holes and it will work.:2th:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts