My Lawnmower Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a DIY for routine maintenance need some advice. Information on changing transmission oil and filter on ZTR. Purchased 1st ZTR last year and dealer told me, the dealer has to change the oil and filter to keep warranty in force. He implied it was complicated to do it right. You must make sure air is out of system and its properly filled. So how do you know all the air is out of system? Is changing the transmission oil and filter that complicated on a ZTR?
Thanks for any and all replies.
Gil

·
Registered
20 Posts
On my exmark,you never actually change all the hydro fluid,just the filter,and a small amount that leaks out.Exmark manual says do not change unless contaminated.What zt do you have?

·
Registered
2 Posts
My Gravely says to jack up the rear tires, pull the engagement pin to place the drive units in neutral then operate the controls foreward and rearward a few times. Basically what I've seen in various manuals.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Changing the hydro fluid is no big deal on any mower I have had. The operators manual should show you the drain locations, my Kubota has 3. There may also be a strainer that needs to be cleaned. It is very important that you use only the Hydrostatic filter that is recommended as there is a check valve in the filter and the filter is proprietary to the manufacturer. Do not try to cross reference the filter to a NAPA, it won"t work. When refilling the system, set aside the correct amount and fill slowly, when it appears full, run the engine slowly, keep adding fluid as the air is displaced, untill the recommended amount is installed. Verify with dip stick.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts