My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a few stickers for my Toro projects and they are discontinued. Does anyone here reproduce stickers or know someone who can/will?

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
There is a TORO guy here who may be able to steer you in the right direction. H has quit the collection!

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
That's a good one there B, A guy I worked with is restoring an old Bowser gas pump and used this method to restore the face plate. You just have to be careful about the final finish (clear coat) you put on because it may cause your decals to lift or crinkle up on you and you have to start all over. I actually have one of those "Testors" decal kits somewhere in my model ship building room. "Don't ask" ;)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've had that kit sitting on my shelf for a few years now and it does seem like it would work great for small decals. But I'm in need the decals on the control panel and they are a little bigger than 8 1/2" x 11":D

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
You can buy those larger sheets on Ebay in bulk or packages of specific quantities. You just need a bigger printer. You may save your image on a jump drive, take it to a print shop with the paper and have them print it on the larger paper and then you can spray the protectant on it when you bring it home. Just a thought!

·
Premium Member
6,110 Posts
I've had that kit sitting on my shelf for a few years now and it does seem like it would work great for small decals. But I'm in need the decals on the control panel and they are a little bigger than 8 1/2" x 11":D
Yeah, that would be a problem for those bigger decals. I've wondered about what to do to reproduce those too. I wonder if you could create on, save the file to a disc and take it to somebody like Kinkos to have it printed?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If I could find someone to take a high res pic for me of a nice original control panel I could take it to a sign shop and have it printed on vinyl just like the original. Anybody have a nice one sitting around?:help:

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
If you can't find one and yours is still legible take some really good pics of yours with measurements of everything and someone who plays around ADOBE or Paint Shop could rebuild the image and make it darn near perfect in a format that could be printed to scale. I've seen it done but haven't personally messed around with that stuff like that yet.

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Nate at Click It and Stick It was more than helpful in getting me the starting instruction decal I needed for my Lawnboy 3054 restoration. In fact, the one he has on his web site is the one I designed. Highly recommend them. Bill
:2th:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts