My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Premium Member
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some know I have an old tractor barn on my property that I store stuff in after I do cleanouts, etc. Twice a year I run a sale out of it. I also use it to display some of the stuff that I like and collect. Here's a few shots of some recent things added.

I sheathed this wall with whatever random/scrap pieces of 3/4" wood I had. All different widths, lengths. Had to piece it together, then I stained it and wiped it off quick to get a bit of a weathered look. The Pepsi door is off a 70's LaCrosse built in Canada I believe. It actually opens to our outside "bathroom". I did have to weld up some hinges, but it works well. Also hung a few tin signs and an aluminum horse off a ride. Thing is really heavy, so I had to fab up a mounting bracket for that also.

Here's the right side. Six foot diameter GULF sign. It's 50's porcelain. Plenty heavy.

I like to hang model planes from the ceiling. This is a new one my SIL picked up for me. It's a WWI Brit SE-5.

WWI German DR-1

A Packard hub cap, a Fortune Teller sign from a circus side show, and some other things...

A tin NYC Subway sign and some stuff I'm selling(trying).

Here's our mascot. I did a buyout from a guy who did taxidermy. Someone had him stuff this little guy and then never picked it up(or paid). He said I could have it if I gave it a good home. I think he looks at home up there.

This is some wacky panoramic thing my SIL took showing the barn inside.

· Registered
480 Posts
That is so cool and I love the Pepsi door idea.
Hey how much on the Mobil oil can? My wifes uncle worked for them and retired as their head mechanic. He's passed away now but I look for the Mobil items still.

Reactions: tiretrx

· Premium Member
9,020 Posts
Love the door Ellis!! Great man cave!

Reactions: tiretrx

· Premium Member
7,335 Posts
Has an antique shop vibe to it! Cool!

· Premium Member
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys! I'm pretty lucky with the man cave thing. I have 5 legit ones and a fair amount of other places that I can go to "meditate".

Don, I was asking 20 on the Mobil can. I just picked it up in a clean out I did on the North Shore. The previous owner was 93 and she only drove it once a week to Sunday Happy Hour at Hooters.

Here's a couple more pics. They're not the best, but....

1967 Ouachita canoe. Rare bird, it's a square back. Pretty much minty original.

Umm, hydration is key in any quality man cave. As long as all participants are responsible and of legal age :2th: Please disregard the "team" mentioned on the front.....that will change, and soon. Anyhow there are 3 constants and a rotating hoyty toyty fancy micro variety. Not for me. Unless free of course. Picked this puppy up from a beer salesman. It dispenses bottles and/or cans. Keeps the brews icy cold....and you just push the button.

Some signs and an old Mercedes grill.

Old wood planes.

Fishings reels, lures.

My Wheel Horse sign. I die with it.

· Registered
480 Posts
Wow! I had thought about asking the wife if she wanted to ferry over there some weekend for a meet and greet (with advanced notice to you of course) but with what you have in the barn there I'd be in trouble.
From both of us. :ROFL
If you still have the can when I get to ordering the bushings from you send it too. Just let me know the extra for shipping. If you have a chance to sell it to someone else though before that, go ahead. A bird in the hand in all, you know.
Thanks for sharing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.