My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, my friend Bob wanted me to go halfies on this machine. I value our friendship and didn't want the chance of money getting in way. Also ,I don't want to spend it on the much machine! He bought it and asked me to detail it and list it for sale! I started with a neglected machine, only 168 hours! Dad pressure washed it prior to today. I buffed it with rotary buffer and then hand waxed it. Usede a full can of trim shine! Hope you can tell difference!! :) :sidelaughI didn't like the Kohler Courage in the machine. I heard /seen bad thing s with that engine in single cylinder versions.
What do you think it is worth now? He paid $600.

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Now you made that thing look brand new!!! NO KIDDING!! :)

It is totally evident in the beginning photos all of the scuff marks and the dullness that it had all around.

Your friend is not going to want to use it now. You did one amazing job! VERY impressive.

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
That should bring in more money with no problem! Looks very nice Eric, are you available Sunday afternoon?

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys!! Five, if ya get me to Florida DEAL!!! :)
I like warm weather now,body acts weird in cold since weight loss.
I always liked to detail my cars and now tractors! My first job was a new/ used car prep at a Chevy dealer.I learned mechanical and detail there. Once you live in new cars all day, you get anal!! ;)

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Put out the line up for sale this afternoon after the gym. Think Bob's machine is gem of line up! ;)

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Baby blue with racing stripes??? Whats up with that?
That is how the Simplicity was made!!!?? It is a special edition Dallas Cowboys tractor!!! Part of a NFL line they had. They made alot of teams I guess . Factory face guard on nose too! We even got the factory manuals for it! The serial number is really low too!?:dunno: The machine had a bad hydrostatic, weak. It could not go up hills. All dad did was fix flat tires and change oil. We bought a old Poulan from a guy for $50,really ratty. Turned out to have same transaxle,different shifter. Dad swapped everything and there ya go!!:ThumbUp:

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We wonder that ourselves! Being Giant country around here, guess it hurts its NFL sale, but a real nice tractor otherwise!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm Eyeing that Bolens Myself....
capstan, if you were closer you could see the two of them! I got a G10 also. That little Bolens is a sweet little tractor, guess guy found it in a barn . Sat for over ten years! It is tight! Seems to have no hours on it! The G10 ,my neighbor gave us, his dad was going to throw it away??:dunno:

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Premium Member
6,110 Posts
It's pretty neat idea and it sure takes being a fan to a new level. I had never seen them until your pictures showed up it got me curious to see if there were others.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I never saw one until I saw the add on Craigslist. She onl;y wanted $75 for it! I think I talked her lower too! :) It cut nice too! Once dad put in the new transaxle from the Poulan tractor ( the engine was dead in that one! ) The machine works great! People got a good deal on it!

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Looks NEW!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks 89! I always say, you can clean/buff dollars into your sales items! People like clean stuff for sale! I can't understand how people list things for sale that are so covered in crap/debris!?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts