My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:) Good evening, L-130 will not continue to run after a short time. Today, it turned , but did not start . 2 new spark plugs, new fuel filter, air filter & pre-filter are clean, fresh gas. Up until recently, it ran fine. The only parts that haven't been changed are the battery, plug wires, & starter. Have recently added sta-bilt.. Belts have never been replaced. Mower is approx. 2004 model. Any help anyone can be will be greatly appreciated. Tired of going to the shop.. Thanks, Mike

·
Registered
10 Posts
:) Good evening, L-130 will not continue to run after a short time. Today, it turned , but did not start . 2 new spark plugs, new fuel filter, air filter & pre-filter are clean, fresh gas. Up until recently, it ran fine. The only parts that haven't been changed are the battery, plug wires, & starter. Have recently added sta-bilt.. Belts have never been replaced. Mower is approx. 2004 model. Any help anyone can be will be greatly appreciated. Tired of going to the shop.. Thanks, Mike
I would pull the plugs and see if it has a spark.

·
Registered
11 Posts
It may or may not help, but here's a very simple thing to test. Try running it without the gas cap. (Of course, be careful not to let anything get in to the tank!) A pretty common reason for an otherwise good engine to stop running is that the vent hole in the cap gets plugged. That prevents air from getting in the tank while gas is sucked out by the engine, which in turn causes the fuel to stop flowing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It may or may not help, but here's a very simple thing to test. Try running it without the gas cap. (Of course, be careful not to let anything get in to the tank!) A pretty common reason for an otherwise good engine to stop running is that the vent hole in the cap gets plugged. That prevents air from getting in the tank while gas is sucked out by the engine, which in turn causes the fuel to stop flowing.
----------------------Thank you, Green Machine, It was the was the gas cap. Should have stayed in the Navy, after 30. Do thing job I was trained to do.

·
Administrator
6,234 Posts
----------------------Thank you, Green Machine, It was the was the gas cap. Should have stayed in the Navy, after 30. Do thing job I was trained to do.
Don't sweat it Chief. That silly little problem has even bitten some of us a second time around that should have known better. ;)

I have a nice clean carb on my lawnmower because of it happening to me last year. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Glad I could help. We all can't be experts on everything, and these forums on the Internet have become a wonderful way to exchange information and solve problems.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts