Mylawnmowerforum.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have a rechargeable strimmer that came with my Huskvarna robot mower.

Does anyone know how to revive a battery for my strimmer ?

It's been in storage and has gone flat and will not charge. I turn the charger on and a green light blinks once then goes off, the battery which is a BLi10 shows nothing. I'm not sure if it's the charger or battery.

Just wondered if there is any way of reviving it as they are around £100 new, I wish I had realised that and looked after it better.

Any help will be much appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Welcome to MLF mikey. What voltage is the battery supposed to have? I have had some success with using an automotive battery charger and giving the dead battery a quick jump start so it's charger will recognize it. There are lots of youtube videos showing different methods of saving nonchargeable batteries.

Reactions: wh55

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi

It's a 36V / 2.1Ah 75.6Wh Li-on Husqvarna BLi10 battery.

Many thanks, I will probably try to find another battery charger and try as you suggest.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Lithium batteries can and do explode then burst into flames if connected to a wrong charger.
Once on fire there is nothing you can do to put it out
They will continue to burn under water, under molten lead buried 100' underground.
The gasses given off are extremely toxic and quite capable of killing you at 20 paces while the 2200 deg C flames ignite your house.
Hundreds of brain dead morons posting videos of blowing up phone & camera batteries on Boob-Tube and these are 1% the size of you trimer battery.
So if your life, house & family are worth less than $ 50 go ahead, you have nothing to loose but your life, your family & your house .
As battery cars become more common you will start to see this happening during vehicle collisions & you will see the emergency services people wearing forced air breathers set up a perimeter to protect the bystanders while the people in the cars get BBQed .
Some thing that Tesla apparently forgets to tell new owners.
There is only one reason why they make the batteries right next to the car plant.
And that is because no one will insure them to be transported from China to the USA

For every one, a word to the wise.
Charge all of your Li powered devices on a non flamible surface with access to a window
For your phones, computers & cameras, do it in the laundry, on or in your steel tub window open & door closed.
In the garage on a welding table should you have one if not on a concrete floor with nothing burnable for at least 6' above it.
https://www.osha.gov/dts/shib/shib011819.html
https://www.osha.gov/dts/shib/shib011819.html

·
Registered
359 Posts
I agree with Bert. I have only done the jump start on NON Lithium batteries.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts