My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I aquired a wrecked datsun pick up. it literally broke off a power line pole. I got stuck with it , so of course Im scraping it. except for the nice bed. I cut the frame just behind the engine and pulled the truck apart. pulled the frame rails in together and welded a trailer bull dog hitch to it. Thought it might bring some wrecker tow money to pay for a late night call.:ROFL:ROFL:pics::pics:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Aren't you the clever ole dog! Someone may buy it for the bed for a restore, are they worth anything?

·
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:dunno: I dunno! I thought maybe around $350.00, It was just a fun thing to do. I dont need anymore trailers ,or I would use it as a lawn trailer.It only took a couple days of playing.
Person could mount a spare tire on the front and a tool box,make it look better and use it to haul camping gear to the river on floating trips. That sort of thing.
With my luck, it will probably still be here next year, LOL:sidelaugh

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Haha, that's pretty cool!

·
Administrator
6,228 Posts
Wow, that's in darn good shape for as old as it is. Great re-purposing of it there Doc.
That's what I was thinking too. Both Datsun and Toyota beds on those older models normally rusted to pieces from the salt long before the trucks mechanically wore around here. :cool

·
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well , I done all I planned on doing. I took it down on Main st yesterday afternoon, with a for sale sighn. sold it a couple hours ago, got 300 out of it. and the guy is interrested in the engine and tranny thats still in the front frame. I happy that it all worked out.
Thanks for all the comments guys.:2th:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts