My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. Dad had a guy stop and want the Bolens we are selling. He offered dad alot of machines in trade. I was working ,so wasn't home. Dad got some money and two tractors AND two push mowers!! He did good! This machine the guy dropped off after work tonight. It runs nice and seems to work. I saw some wiring I need to address. The deck needs bearing,and seems all there. Guess I am looking for a new job!! LOL :sidelaughThe Scotts tractor running. - YouTube

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
It sounds like your Dad did do good! :ThumbUp:
I especially like those AG tires.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Once again Eric, you get more things In a day for FREE than I get in a year for for $400..

Maybe people around me just don't have as many tractors and mowers....

Anyway, amazing hauls as always.

-Stan

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Once again Eric, you get more things In a day for FREE than I get in a year for for $400..

Maybe people around me just don't have as many tractors and mowers....

Anyway, amazing hauls as always.

-Stan
:ditto: :sidelaugh

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys,but the story continues today! The fellow comes this morning and drops off the rest of the haul! He is real nice guy,gave dad a tip on a huge Craftsman twin Kohler a guy owns at his shop. He also gave dad more stuff! A Homelite chainsaw dad gave to Bob ,it seemed seized. A John Deere ( ? ) weed wacker,runs but missing muffler and wacking end. Two Toro electric start mowers,one in real good shape, the other workable. A Simplicity Tractor without deck! I'm fired I guess! He isn't even cutting me in of the profit!?! ;) In grate!! :)

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
That Simplicity would look great restored!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Austen, we are going to try to fire it today when I get the jumpbox out. We would like to clean up from winter. ALOT of scrap metal laying around, some tractors that died and some parts that passed away! LOL Looks bad! Move the tractors behind house so it don't look like a tractor lot!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Moved them today motorhead! Looks better already! We rocked this day! God really blessed us! We sold TWO tractors and one pushmower on Ebay!! Then guy coming right now from Contiecut for the bagger off the Simplicity as the guy who bought it didn't want bagger and this guy called last week begging me for it! I have only one pushmower for sale now! The John Deere 111 is running and mower deck works and engine sounds good! The Simplicity in prevois pictures does run, carb float is stuck. Great day! The push mowers dad got also run and work!! :)

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Thanks guys,but the story continues today! The fellow comes this morning and drops off the rest of the haul! He is real nice guy,gave dad a tip on a huge Craftsman twin Kohler a guy owns at his shop. He also gave dad more stuff! A Homelite chainsaw dad gave to Bob ,it seemed seized. A John Deere ( ? ) weed wacker,runs but missing muffler and wacking end. Two Toro electric start mowers,one in real good shape, the other workable. A Simplicity Tractor without deck! I'm fired I guess! He isn't even cutting me in of the profit!?! ;) In grate!! :)

DANG!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LOL Tell me about it!! God blessed us today! We sold Both tractors,the bagger from one that the new owner didn't want. A guy begged me to sell it to him last week, called him and he drove 1 1/2 one way to get it! :) The one push mower is being bid on on Ebay,so it sold too! WOW! We even got the new Simplicity running and the old John Deere 111 running and moving!! :)

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
LOL Tell me about it!! God blessed us today! We sold Both tractors,the bagger from one that the new owner didn't want. A guy begged me to sell it to him last week, called him and he drove 1 1/2 one way to get it! :) The one push mower is being bid on on Ebay,so it sold too! WOW! We even got the new Simplicity running and the old John Deere 111 running and moving!! :)
I Scrapped a weed whacker Yesterday for $5 :bag:

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
That's great news! :)

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks guys! We just bought two cheap push mowers from childhood friend. They look good, need some cleaning to run!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts