My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He joined BOSOX in Impala ownership! Abet dad's is a Limited. Dad asked me to look for a car for him as he was unhappy with ride and power of the Corolla. It was a nice car but wrong fit for him. I found him a few Limited as this was car he was going to buy before the Corolla. He is happy with it, has 15,000 miles on it. Unfortunately you can not buy them new, only used. It is a ex-rental which we don't like too much. Dad liked the mileage and shape of it. As with all used cars, issues were found. I was unable to help him in purchase as I was working and he is always in a hurry! Well a lot was missed in inspection, LR Door is repainted and overspray in fender well. Same door inner panel is damaged, bet someone closed the door on a long item damaging panel and outside steel. Nothing we can't deal with. Dad was very happy with price and power, 305 HP V6! Goes quite well!
We got it on lift and inspected it, all looks good. Dad pinstriped it and lubed all joints. I only drove it around block. Will use it tomorrow!

Door panel damage.

What is the reason for this I wonder, looks like a horsepower robbing bends?

Next is getting tips.

The overspray.

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Congrats to him! I hope he gets good service out of it. The pin stripe adds a little flavor. :ThumbUp:

We rented one just like that the last time we were in Hawaii. I remember when you turned the traction control off and floored it from a dead stop while doing a power launch you could spin the front tires up pretty good.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Austen!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We bought some exhaust tips for it and he let me drive it to town and back. Plenty of power and smooth ride. I fixed his compass which needed calibration and hooked my Bluetooth up. Also fixed some setting for auto unlock and chime volume. Not a bad car for the money. He is happy with it for sure, all that matters to me! ;)

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He sure likes it so far!

·
Registered
499 Posts
Hi Eric, tell Pops, nice car! I like the dual tailpipes in the back of that model. The cutouts in the bumper cover made them stick out to be noticed. Good luck with the new wheels!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Reason pops got tips for it. Looking like his '86 Monte Carlo SS he had now. It was last white car he had!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dad getting run around from dealer. We found some issues with it, drivers mirror won't adjust past a certain point. No issue for him, just with me in seat. Figured good trial of the dealer as it should be under warranty. Service dept denied it saying mirror was hit, wanting to charge him $300+ to fix?? I am VERY angry and want to go into dealer to "instruct" them on treatment of a 73 year old man! I was afraid of this for him as the car wasn't inspected well and think he bought it with emotion instead of reasoning. I made these mistakes and learned by being burned. Wish I was able to get out of work to check it over. Dad had to rush though it like it was a marathon to buy right now, bet they tricked him into fast sale! :(
I can get the parts cheap and fix myself. Good thing about a car built same since 2006! Easy parts availability!

·
Administrator
6,228 Posts
Have to wonder if that did not happen at the same time as the rear drivers side door damage. Maybe it is the way the light is reflecting but in the photos you took of the over spray the bottom/back of the door the curve looks a little off along with the rocker panel in the same spot.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mark, that is spot in right light you can see crash damage. Might be from what broke door panel. Might have been large item in back seat causing outy dent? Guess dealer called twice today. Guess giving them poor reviews on Facebook and net causes concern!! ��

Reactions: Austen

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
Yea, looks like the bottom of the door got pushed in. Good luck with getting everything straightened out.

Reactions: Ericjr16

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
Mark, that is spot in right light you can see crash damage. Might be from what broke door panel. Might have been large item in back seat causing outy dent? Guess dealer called twice today. Guess giving them poor reviews on Facebook and net causes concern!! ��
Did he buy it from a new car dealer or a second hand lot? If you have already posted this, sorry for the repeat.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No worries Smitty, a Chevy dealer local, a LARGE dealer network to boot! Thank God we sold a tractor to a local guy who turned out to be a A tech for Chevy! He is working at another dealer nearby and will take care of any issues for dad here on out! ;)
I started a fight with dealer over internet. They want him to come in on Saturday, I will be going too! I may have some words loud enough to scare some "ups" out of the showroom! I know this business from back in the day. They want bad to be hidden in back, I'll keep it up front thank you very much!

·
Registered
507 Posts
My father has a 2012 Impala, identical car. I love driving it, very comfy, very smooth, VERY powerful. It gets up and goes, that 3.6L is a very torquey powerplant.

Reactions: Ericjr16

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
We have appointment for tomorrow at dealer. Hope I don't get arrested!! :)

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well that was stressful to say the least! The dealer was very angry with my Google review. I wrote a professional review stating the facts that seemed to get the attention of the owner. Well that WAS the intention. The salesman knew me from my old Chevy job and after a little talked to me in a way that was argumentative, thank God dad stepped in to straighten him out before I went off. We got a agreement that I edit the review and they will pay me to fix mirror. In turn they will repair the door panel. Dad brought up the point to them that would we even be talking if my son did not write this on social media to get your attention? A valid point they did not refute. It is a real shame I even had to do that! I told the salesman back in the day that we took better care of customers than this. He agreed and stated not in the new world of mega dealerships!!
Let this be a warning to all you guys!! CHECK A USED CAR OUT VERY WELL!! Play with every switch and knob! Don't sign until you get it checked out by a mechanic NOT employed by the seller!!
Best part was salesman stated owners son though I should be thrown off the property, FOR WRITING A REVIEW!!!
Thank you for listening to me! Best thing is I saved gym workout till AFTER going to dealer!! Sure did great workout!! ;)

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok so on to a better update to the car. Drove it some more, it is truly a nice cruiser. Drives nice and plenty of power. Got home to super nice day. Washed both cars and parked them side by side. About same size and height.
He installed his vent visors I purchased for him, think it looks nice!

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Nice pair! I have an inclination that stock intake won't last for long. ;)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts