My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
See if your belt (engine to tranny) is slipping. Check the condition ie; shiny, cracked or oily.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Might be hydrostatic wearing out. How many hours on machine? God willing you can change fluid on that unit.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This thing is brand new, My first Deere, It just seems slower than most, Not that I want a hot rod. I looked at the drive belt seems fine, maybe a tad loose, doesn't look there is anyway to adjust tension , I removed mower deck, didn't make any difference. I guess I have all winter to figure it out. I might try to find somebody else with one and do a comparison.

·
Administrator
7,693 Posts
Well, you could always get somebody to drive a car at about 5-6 mph next to you on the tractor and see if they go at about the same speed. ;)

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
It is possible that the hydro linkage is out of adjustment and you are not getting full engagement to full speed! Had this happen numerous times with our used machines. There is an adjustment usually on shift linkage, depending on the model transaxle. You may want to have the dealer service it as it is new as you say.

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
I would go to a dealer and test drive another one. If yours is slower than the one you test drive, I would return your tractor to the dealer for repairs while it is still under warranty.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I used a gps unit on hood, sure enough it did 6mph, seems slower, I did notice that if you have full speed and put on cruse control, it slows down, like it's not allowing fulll throttle. I also noticed there is no adjustment on throttle linkage. I guess I can live with it.

·
Administrator
7,693 Posts
Yeah, that's kind of what I figured. Sometimes, it seems slower than it really is. Anyway, I'm glad there wasn't any issue with it. :cool

1 - 12 of 12 Posts