My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There

I need to change the cylinder head gasket on my Talon Lawn Hawk Mower.
It has a SureFire 400 4 Stroke engine which has the side valve setup. I need to know the torque setting for the head bolts/nuts and the carburetor nuts.

Even better if someone can point me to a service manual would be outstanding.

Looking forward to your reply. :)

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
:welcome: Welcome to the forum Townie! Not familiar with that model without a little research but someone may jump in with an answer for you. Meanwhile take a look around and enjoy the forum. :ThumbUp:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:welcome: Welcome to the forum Townie! Not familiar with that model without a little research but someone may jump in with an answer for you. Meanwhile take a look around and enjoy the forum. :ThumbUp:
Thankyou. Will do and thanks for the owners manual.
Yeah, will greatly appreciated if someone can help out because it is alloy and it is really soft. It looks like most of them are at 200 inch/pounds and I could probably use the tightening pattern of another mower guide. That is all I can do if I can't find out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I changed over the gasket.
I found out that the talon surefire 400 engine is a cheaper copy of the briggs & stratton 92900 series engine.
So the required torque is 140 inch/pounds or 11Nm.

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Thanks for the update, you say a "cheaper version" of a B&S, is it made by B&S with a "Talon" label for the Talon company? I think Talon is a non US brand affiliated with Husqvarna now primarily in Australia and New Zealand.
TALON TOOLS : : If it's not Talon tough, it's not tough enough : :

You have any pictures of your equipment? Its nice to see what other folks are using in other countries.
By the way, Happy New Year!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks for the update, you say a "cheaper version" of a B&S, is it made by B&S with a "Talon" label for the Talon company? I think Talon is a non US brand affiliated with Husqvarna now primarily in Australia and New Zealand.
TALON TOOLS : : If it's not Talon tough, it's not tough enough : :

You have any pictures of your equipment? Its nice to see what other folks are using in other countries.
By the way, Happy New Year!
Maybe not a cheaper version, just a copy or very similar but it was a surefire 145 https://www.outdoorking.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7106.

I can take some pics for you and post them up.

Here is what the model looks like...

Happy New Year To You Too! :)

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.