My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! Hope there's someone around that can help.
The title kinda says it all. All the replacement carburetors I find don't have the little part on top where I circled in the pics, a hose attaches to this part and I don't know what it does or goes to but I could dig around more. Just wondering why my carb has this and none of the replacements for the KT725 seem to have this. If looked at multiple different makers and sources, and all look just like mine except don't have that part.
Any ideas?
Wood Toy Electric blue Plastic Machine

Camera accessory Digital camera Camera lens Reflex camera Cameras & optics

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply!
So I just followed the hose that connects to that nipple, and it appears to go back into the top of the fuel tank, so yeah it looks like some kind of emission control thing. Could I just leave it disconnected if I get a new carb that doesn't have the nipple to connect it to? I don't think I can afford whatever a Kohler genuine part would cost even if I could find the part which I can't.

Back story:
Mower ran fine about a month ago, last time I mowed the lawn, but when I started it up yesterday it ran fine for a minute then started shooting massive amounts of white smoke out of the exhaust. Like, A LOT of white smoke. So I shut it down and checked the oil, to find gasoline on the stick, the crankcase had filled with gas. I've had this happen on my snowblower before, so figured it was the classic float valve getting the needle stuck or whatever it does that allows gas to fill the crankcase. I'm not real good with tearing apart carbs so I was just gonna replace it.

One thing I wasn't sure about was whether the fuel pump could have anything to do with it though. My gas tank is up near the top and when I disconnected the fuel line from the carb, fuel comes right out of it. Is fuel supposed to just gravity feed straight through a fuel pump? Not sure if that's normal, I haven't worked on any small engines that had a fuel pump before.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just to show what I mean, here's what I get when I search for a replacement, there's loads of different manufacturers of a replacement for KT725, and most look like the right fit, but not a single one has that nipple on top, so I would have to just leave my hose dangling there, or...?
Ebay
Amazon

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If they didn't nab me when I started this thing the other day they must be sleeping on the job anyway :LOL:
That was the answer I was hoping for, now I can order the part and hopefully get her working again. Thanks for the help!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts