My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Cub Cadet RZT L zero turn mower that doesn't want to crank without adding gas to the breather after sitting. Once I add just a spits worth of gas it fires and runs no problem. I can then kill and crank as many times as I need. Never have problems after the initial crank. It seems to be it's losing prime after sitting a few days and will not crank without help. It only has 15 hours on it and I've always used conventional gas since I bought it. Looking over the fuel lines and they look to be good no cracks or leaks still look new because I park in my shop. Can this be the fuel pump or fuel filter? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
686 Posts
:mlf: Shawn Dogg

Help us help you by using the correct terms.

Cranking is the engine actually turning over. The starter motor "cranks" the engine over.

Firing is what the ignition system and fuel do once the engine is cranking.

There is a breather, it's for the crankcase to vent and then there is an air filter in front of the carburetor to keep dirt out. I'm guessing you are adding gas in the area of the air filter ??

It sounds like your engine cranks just fine but it's not firing and it's a matter of being lean. Have you removed the air filter to see if the choke closes when you're trying to start it cold ??

Have you tried to add a little carb or fuel injuector cleaner to your fuel ??
Are you using fuel with ethanol and do you use this machine all year or do you store it ??

Reactions: Ericjr16
1 - 3 of 3 Posts