My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a one yr old cub cadet mower with 35 hrs. At 30 hrs carburetor started going bad. It has been in shop 3 months now. Cub cadet keeps promising back ordered parts will be available. Now it’s promised for October. Fifth time it’s changed. I know it’s been a rough year but my grass doesn’t care. Still has to be mowed. At this point I just want a refund. Filed with better business bureau. I guess cub cadet knew all they had to do was respond with basically sorry about your luck. Tried to get refund from store I purchased. Not happening. I feel like I’ve just donated and have nothing to show for it. Cub cadet service sends you on a push number loop. Can never get a human. Only a chat. Any ideas or address for cub cadet to get a response. I couldn’t even write a review on their website.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Everyone is having trouble getting parts right now, i know one guy who's been waiting on a simple part for a pressure washer since last september. Briggs and Stratton 84005207 camshafts are on back order from suppliers and no telling when they will be back in stock. I'm waiting on an automatic throttle control cable for a briggs powersense pressure washer...
In this case i might advise bringing your mower back and if your certain it's a carburetor issue, replace the carb with one from Amazon or Ebay to get your grass cut.

what model cub is it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Everyone is having trouble getting parts right now, i know one guy who's been waiting on a simple part for a pressure washer since last september. Briggs and Stratton 84005207 camshafts are on back order from suppliers and no telling when they will be back in stock. I'm waiting on an automatic throttle control cable for a briggs powersense pressure washer...
In this case i might advise bringing your mower back and if your certain it's a carburetor issue, replace the carb with one from Amazon or Ebay to get your grass cut.

what model cub is it?
XT1 42” it has been in shop since June 11. They are certain it is carburetor. It is the third one of this model with this problem they have had in their shop. It is automatic choke and I have tried Amazon and everywhere else to find one even though it’s obviously still under warranty with only 35 hrs. There are none available. I spent a lot of money in good faith so that I would be getting a name brand product that would be dependable to not have lawn mower issues and all I have had is problem. I just want my money back or even a store credit so i can get a lawn mower that will run.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I got the part number from kohler, it is a KS540 engine correct? the model info is usally on a sticker on the engine.
22 853 02-S
Parts Tree appears to have an OEM $120 in stock

What was happening with the carburetor? i may be a pretty easy fix.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got the part number from kohler, it is a KS540 engine correct? the model info is usally on a sticker on the engine.
22 853 02-S
Parts Tree appears to have an OEM $120 in stock

What was happening with the carburetor? i may be a pretty easy fix.
Thank you for Checking but it’s MTD motor. I thought bad gas so I drained it, put on new filter and new gas. Did not change anything. Started using lot of gas. Smelling like fresh gas like it was flooded the whole time I was mowing. Within a week I could barely keep it running to drive it onto trailer. I believe it is first year for auto choke on this model and apparently has a flaw somewhere. Repair shop said mine was second one with same issue and shortly after they got another one in.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Ahh, one of the MTD powermore engines...
almost Sounds like the float needle failed which meters fuel flow into the carb from gas tank,if the choke was sticking the plug would foul out really quick.
a work around for this is to install fuel cutoff in the fuel line. turn it on when you start it up, and shut it off when you're done
Arm Camera accessory Camera lens Cylinder Lens

1 - 6 of 6 Posts