·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
What am I looking for???? :ROFL I see steering linkage and wiring. :dunno:

Oh I know you're playing "Where's Cub?" :sarcasm:

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
Not playing around just don't know how to post pictures!!!
I am truly sorry about that.
Gary
Just joking around.... Glad you figured out the add a picture. :ThumbUp:

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Gary
LOL Don't be sorry! Bryan is a trouble maker!! I plan on taking his new tractor away from him as punishment! ;)

Reactions: bwhitsonjr

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
LOL Don't be sorry! Bryan is a trouble maker!! I plan on taking his new tractor away from him as punishment! ;)
While Eric is removing my new tractor from me..... I'll be confiscating his JD from the shed. It's already been started this year so I know it's running pretty good! :ROFL:ROFL:ROFL

Reactions: Ericjr16

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
Gary
Gary give me a run down when you get a chance on how you like the New 547cc cub engine. How is it handling the work load more specifically? Have you put it to work on any tall grass. I'm thinking it might bog like most single cylinder engines under a heavy load. Although it's EFI. So that might not apply like most carb engines.

Talked to a dealer the other day... Picking his brain. He told me while they don't give it a HP rating (a lot of trouble years back about HP's not being accurate, long story) they equate somewhere around 32-33cc equals a HP. So with this model it would be around the 17HP range.

With that being said I'm of the thought that a FI engine will have more power and torque especially since it doesn't have to vacuum fuel and it's injected. Anyone else think like this?

Just looking for an honest opinion. Thanks! :2th:

Reactions: Ericjr16

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
With that being said I'm of the thought that a FI engine will have more power and torque especially since it doesn't have to vacuum fuel and it's injected. Anyone else think like this?

Just looking for an honest opinion. Thanks!
It's possible, but if it was, probably not much. It's certainly easier to make additional power quicker and more efficiently with FI. It will be interesting to see the parameters of the computers and how much they will adjust the tune for elevations and hot/cold weather. Assuming they have these capabilities, the engines with FI should and will run more effectively in turn making more power in different situations. For example, take a carbureted engine that's jetted to run at sea level up several thousand more feet- it's going to run rich. Do the same thing with a FI motor and the computer will compensate (…to a degree that is) and cut back the fuel so that it can run more effectively.

It really comes down to the tuning and keep in mind the FI engines are going to come from the factory as lean as possible to meet EPA standards like the carbureted models already do. It would be interesting to take the same model engine and compare the two different injection systems on a dyno to see what each puts out at the crank.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
cub 547cc efi

Gary give me a run down when you get a chance on how you like the New 547cc cub engine. How is it handling the work load more specifically? Have you put it to work on any tall grass. I'm thinking it might bog like most single cylinder engines under a heavy load. Although it's EFI. So that might not apply like most carb engines.

Talked to a dealer the other day... Picking his brain. He told me while they don't give it a HP rating (a lot of trouble years back about HP's not being accurate, long story) they equate somewhere around 32-33cc equals a HP. So with this model it would be around the 17HP range.

Just looking for an honest opinion. Thanks! :2th:
This engine seems to be well designed well.I haven't worked it in heavy grass yet.The cut is ok.I checked some temps on the engine and they were under 200 degrees,except the exhaust pipe which was over 400 degrees.There is a oxygen sensor in the exhaust stream.electric fuel pump with no external fuel filter.
Gary

1 - 11 of 11 Posts