My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found the Craftsman articles but no success with a search, so I have to ask....

I have a Craftsman rider with a busted transmission.....internal gear(s) broken.
Rider model 917.271530
trans model 4360-140

I have found a rider sans motor for sale.
rider model 917.270610
trans model 4360-113

Will the 4360-113 trans work in my model 917.271530 rider?
Are just the gears available anywhere? I'd hate to have to start splitting the cases instead if just putting another trans in, but I need to get this fixed.
What do the the various numbers mean? Where can I research on my own?
Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Try a site called vintage sears garden tractors there are lists there for a lot of the 917. (ROPER) PARTS AND YEARS OF MODEL CHANGES

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. That is a big help for sure.

Didn't realize such places existed...off to research!

·
Registered
9 Posts
More

Vito, sorry about this, but I forgot one site I haven't used in a while. I just checked and its there. stripmine dot org slash sears You'll have to search but the info may be there. At one time some sears used the older designation #'s for some newer different things (attachments). Be careful what you are looking for :2th:eek:r at. Try to use model years as a reference as well as #'s. I have a 67 SS 12 Garden tractor. I had a trans go bad. I found a newer one (don't remember #) and it would bolt up perfectly, only one problem. The output pulley shaft was about 3/4" longer and had a boss to support it on the trans case. It wouldn't line up with the clutch pulley or engine pullley. OH well, look closely.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Told ya' I was coming back slow.... near the end should have said INPUT pulley shaft. dern!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Vito, sorry about this, but I forgot one site I haven't used in a while. I just checked and its there. stripmine dot org slash sears You'll have to search but the info may be there. At one time some sears used the older designation #'s for some newer different things (attachments). Be careful what you are looking for :2th:eek:r at. Try to use model years as a reference as well as #'s. I have a 67 SS 12 Garden tractor. I had a trans go bad. I found a newer one (don't remember #) and it would bolt up perfectly, only one problem. The output pulley shaft was about 3/4" longer and had a boss to support it on the trans case. It wouldn't line up with the clutch pulley or engine pullley. OH well, look closely.
Good to know.....I have no experience to match you and the other members here so these tips will come in handy and save me some aggravation.

Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Glad to try.

I've been here very short time. My brother sent me here (been around here a year or so I think) I've needed the help of many people and yep, it sure saves knuckles when someone can give ya' a tip. Good luck PM anytime.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts