My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a Craftsman that I was replacing the lower half gasket and bottom seal on for a friend of mine.
I just wanted to point out to any owner that it is a good idea to clean all the ares of your mower. These areas are under the belt shroud above and below the deck. If neglected an area like this could cause premature failure of the belt, corrosion on the deck as seen and even a fire from the accumulation of oil soaked grass.

As always, be safe!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,110 Posts
Sound advice. Besides the points you mentioned, such heavy build ups of debris may prevent mechanical functions from working at they should because the parts simply can't move as intended.

On that mower you picture for instance, the arm to apply and release tension on the belt could get stuck and not function. I once had an otherwise perfectly good mower that the owner thought needed a tune up because it was hard to start. Turned out there was so much dirt, grass and gunk on the outside carburetor that the choke arm could not move enough to activate the choke. Once it was cleaned off, it started on the first pull.

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the pic's FP I understand pics real good
Your welcome, I think nothing describes something better than some good pictures and even video. "Its worth a thousand words" :2th:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts