My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got this older tractor could years ago and a good worker for me.

This year, key fell out while driving but have been able to start with screwdriver so not a big problem.

Then I mess up something lowering the deck and had to take a side panel off.

After that, won't start. However, there were 2 ground wires attached to side panel so dismantled again to make sure were ok. Now looking at it, whole wack of wires ( 6 ) are now hanging loose ( came out of wire clip ends ) and tractor will not start.
Someone obviously did a bit of replacement wiring and the wires just came out.
Now, I have 6 wires that I do not know where they go. Would appear at 1st sight, they go to the mower on\off switch. 2 from ignition switch and 4 others.

Would anyone have a wiring schematic for a Craftsman II GT 6000
Model number under the seat is 944 604 280. I am looking primarily to see what color wires hook up to where on the switch that turns mower deck on\off.
Please note that this is a Canadian Model.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Welcome to the forum, gardentractorguy!

Does your tractor have the Kohler Magnum 18 engine or a Briggs Engine?

Unfortunately there are no nice wiring schematics available online for the Canadian Craftsman models. There is a Canadian Sears website, but I didn't find your model in their system. However, your GT6000 is probably exactly like the American GT6000 so I attached a wiring schematic below for an American GT6000 with a Briggs engine. I can't say for sure that it is the same though.

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/par...00062784/00001?blt=06&prst=0&shdMod=917255941

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good morning Wayne,

Has the B&S 18 HP.

I guess the correct name for what I am looking for is the attachment clutch switch and which wires hook up to which terminals on the switch.

Basically, I ended up with 6 loose wires that were bare ended ( ends still on the actual switch ).
2 wires come from igition switch and the others ..........

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Tim

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just to continue this for a moment.....

Have removed the switch and am attaching a copy.

If anyone has a GT6000 or any other diagrams, would be appreciated.

Need to know what wire goes where out of 6 wires. 2 wires come from ignition being a black and a white.

Thanks DSCF0402.jpg

·
Administrator
6,228 Posts
So far I've come up with nothing on that model number as well. If you could find an owners manual for it the wiring diagram might be in it.

For the heck of it take a look at this diagram I pulled up for another fellow on page 33 and see how it compares to the one you have.

http://www.managemylife.com/mmh/lis_pdf/OWNM/L0406036.pdf

Do you see any part numbers on the switch? If so maybe we could run those numbers backward to an American model that uses the same switch and intern find a wiring diagram for it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Mark,

I have been unsuccessful in getting a manual for this particular tractor and am still waiting ( for over a week ) for Sears Canada for info.

I had located a manual for a Craftsman GT 18 HP with 6 speed and 44" deck ( 917. 255917 ). This is very similar to mine but mine is a Craftsman II GT6000. There appears to be many similarities but I haven't been able to get the info I need.

Switch is a Delta switch and will check for a part #.

Reaching point where would like to know how to just bypass all safties to see if will start and, if yes, how to leave all bypassed but have PTO switchable on\off.

Grass is growing fast.

Thanks for your time.

Tim

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
More info.....

I have just heard from someone that the part number for the actual manual would be

71 944141412 but I don't know where to find it.

Any help is appreciated

·
Administrator
6,228 Posts
No luck so far in running that manual number either. Sears Parts US is down for maintenance tonight. :rolleyes:

I was going to play with variations of that number there to see if anything came up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Mark,

Thanks for the help.

Have a guy coming today to pick it up. He has a lot of experience with these things. We are talking about disabling most safety swithes, changing PTO switch to a simply hot\ground thereby getting rid of most of the other wires.

Should be back this week sometime so wiill let all know how this works out.

Thanks
Tim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts