My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an old grey Craftsman riding mower and the deck that was on it was not the original one, It's also in very bad shape. My question is What other deck could I put on my mower? Does it have to be Craftsman, or will any deck work as long as it's 38'' cut? Thanks for the replies!!

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
I would try google-ing the part number and seeing if there is any aftermarket or superseded models. Decks can be pretty specific but with ingenuity you could probably make something work. Is there any reason why you don't want to use the the original designed deck?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, The deck I have I am pretty sure isn't the one that it had originally on it. The biggest reason I wanted to get another one is because the one I have is just in horrible shape, It has rust holes and the pulleys are all messed up and it's just not good at all.

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Go to sears parts direct and look up your tractor and get the parts diagram, from there get your part # and then google it and you should find quit a few places that will carry it. You don't have to always go to sears to buy ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts