My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else having trouble with a one year old Craftsman AWD lawn mower throwing off the drive belt? If so, what's the solution??? I adjusted it and it was good for awhile but now it's thrown it AGAIN!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Does all the idler pulleys/guides spin and aren't loose? Never had one of those mowers.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I adjusted it tighter, again. We'll see how it works out; but the machine is almost brand new. Stretched? It's already a mile long when it's new!! LOL. Stupid design, stupid purpose. (It's a friend's mower, not mine.)

·
Premium Member
1,026 Posts
the way i see it, just more parts to break. its not like your going off roading or through snow with these things, theres no point in having awd

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the way i see it, just more parts to break. its not like your going off roading or through snow with these things, there's no point in having AWD
I'm in agreement with that statement! If you need AWD, you probably are taking a personal risk trying to mow the area, in the first place. And this AWD only works in forward, too. It's actually harder to move in reverse. IMHO, this is all a marketing thing to sell the Audi people lawn mowers.

·
Administrator
6,228 Posts
Sometimes a belt can look ok on the outside yet be fractured/stretched internally and wont stay on. Never saw it happen yet on a mower but had it happen on a commercial HVAC rooftop air handler blower drive belt and on a car alternator drive belt.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts