My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a hold of a mulching Gold Series(10415) and would like to know if the research I have done is correct. I have many trees to contend with so I would like to get a bag to handle the gobs of leaves I'm going to have this fall. Looks like I can get one of those generic staggered wheel bag kits (89906), then take off the the mulch plate and be good to go. It's the first mulcher I've ever owned so just looking for some confirmation that my plan will work. Thanks in advance for any help...

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Bagger

That is a very nice mower that you have acquired!! The number of the kit that you posted is for a rear bagger. Personally I use the side bags as I find them easier to dump in the paper leaf bags. If you are dumping the rear bag in a compost pile or perhaps a big plastic garbage can then I think you will be okay. You can also use the standard side discharge chute for the staggered deck mowers if you are going to use a side bag. Chutes are readily available used in great condition on eBay. There are two styles. The older one uses a side bag with a wire frame in the opening and the bag fits in the opening and is held in at the top by a metal clip. The newer style uses a side bag with a plastic frame and the bag slides down from the top and locks in on the chute. You can also use the old style bag with the wire frame on the new style chute but you can't use the new style bag on the old style chute. If going with with the side bag you can get a generic bag or either style from the Cleveland Canvas Company. I think they usually have a listing on eBay as well. You will also need a bag rod if going with the side bagger option. Any other questions just ask. Bill

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thanks for bringing this up, I have been wanting to try rear bagging with my 10420 as well, and I'm thinking your 10415 will be the same kit that I need. When I first got that mower I was thinking that I could use the bag kit that came with my 1992 Model 680543, but I soon learned that the Toro designed deck on my 10420 would not accept the old school Lawnboy bag kit from my S21ZPM (680543). So the part number 89906 is the kit I need? I pretty much figured that by deduction, but never really could find that part number in any of the Lawnboy parts catalogues. Thanks for the info, I'm looking forward to bagging with this Toro designed deck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is a very nice mower that you have acquired!! The number of the kit that you posted is for a rear bagger. Personally I use the side bags as I find them easier to dump in the paper leaf bags. If you are dumping the rear bag in a compost pile or perhaps a big plastic garbage can then I think you will be okay. You can also use the standard side discharge chute for the staggered deck mowers if you are going to use a side bag. Chutes are readily available used in great condition on eBay. There are two styles. The older one uses a side bag with a wire frame in the opening and the bag fits in the opening and is held in at the top by a metal clip. The newer style uses a side bag with a plastic frame and the bag slides down from the top and locks in on the chute. You can also use the old style bag with the wire frame on the new style chute but you can't use the new style bag on the old style chute. If going with with the side bag you can get a generic bag or either style from the Cleveland Canvas Company. I think they usually have a listing on eBay as well. You will also need a bag rod if going with the side bagger option. Any other questions just ask. Bill
Hey Bill,

Sorry for the delay in response. Thanks for all the info I found it very useful! I went ahead and got the rear bag kit used and am now regretting it a bit. Like you say its a bugger to use with lawn bags as I had to use them this past weekend after I filled 3 32 gallon garbage cans.... Plus, it seems to clog often, even when the grass is dry. Dad had a side bag on a 8000 model that I pushed in my high school years and I don't remember it clogging half as much. Anyway I have one of those old style wire frame insert chutes and am considering getting one of those Cleveland Canvas Bags you suggested. My question with this.. Is there a way to avoid buying a rod that doesn't cost 70.00 or 80.00 bucks? Pretty crazy the prices I'm seeing out there, for the sites that actually have it in stock. Part numbers I am referencing are 607561 and crossover 79-710. Thanks again for any help!

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Yes those rods can be expensive. If you have access to a dealer that deals in Lawnboys they may have a boneyard that may have one. Otherwise keep checking eBay. Good luck! Bill

1 - 5 of 5 Posts