My Lawnmower Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need to replace the dry clutch lining on my mower and does anyone know if it needs to be glued to one of the surfaces?
I made a lining from gasket cork and installed it and it worked fine on testing with the rollers lifted off the ground, but as soon as the weight of the mower was on the ground it seemed to lose power transfer in as much as the rollers wont turn and drive the machine.
I'm assuming the clutch is slipping under load hence the question... do you glue it to one surface??
And if so any recommendations on the glue.
The mower is a Scott Bonnar reel mower which you probably don't know about in USA.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Doesn't look like it's adjustable other than squeezing the handle more.
Externally it doesn't look like the clutch is slipping, but can't think of any other reason for loss of power transfer.
One outside cause could be that the end of the clutch has a pinion that drives a plastic ring gear within the rear roller, and it's possible the ring gear is spinning within the roller under load.
Will have to strip it down again and investigate but also need to know if the lining should be glued to the clutch plate or left loose while I have it all apart.
Don't think the belt is slipping either as it is driving the pulleys okay

1 - 3 of 3 Posts