My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.
I tried to start my mower yesterday but I just got a click. I thought the battery was dead so I put a new battery on but still get the same.
If I turn and hold the key I get one click then I get smoke appearing from the + battery terminal.
Please help!! :confused:

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Starter may not be engaging or the bendix (gear) may be jammed in the flywheel causing the battery to load up. It will smoke your cables and your solenoid if not burn it up. Surprised the fuse has not blown. With the ignition off, try turning the fly wheel a little to see if the starter is engaged, it may pop the gear out. You may want to check the starter as well because it may just be froze. It wasn't left out in a rain storm or kept outdoors is it?

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Hi.
I tried to start my mower yesterday but I just got a click. I thought the battery was dead so I put a new battery on but still get the same.
If I turn and hold the key I get one click then I get smoke appearing from the + battery terminal.
Please help!! :confused:
Five is right, check his ideas first. Wonder why you held key so long?? Not a good idea if something is wrong with electrical! Could cause worse damage! Be careful!!
Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts