My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dad used the Suburban to plow dirt for neighbor, I was at work! :( It worked well except it stalled and had to cool before restart? First time it really worked for us! It moved the dirt easily! I hosed it off and tried to replicate issue. No go, maybe heat related vapor lock? Anyway, took video of it. Even got the horn in the video! Lights too!!

·
Premium Member
6,109 Posts
Gotta' love to old stuff!:cool Was the horn a standard item on that? Cute. Great for attention getting in parades.:ThumbUp:

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Bruce, I think PO installed it. Not sure though? It works off chrome button on dash. On MTF ,a guy posted a way to move the stack to be supported by sheet metal. I am going to modify his idea to move it forward to hood support. To save engine threads from weight of it. Good idea!

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
It sure looks nice Eric!

I Myself Am Not a big fan of the Stack.. I personally think, If you are removing it to Put the Original Style on there..

But then again.. I am Kid of an "Originaloholic" When It comes to this kind of thing..

-Stan

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Kori, wish I had original exhaust, this is way I got it. They even damaged paint by having it too close to hood! :( I extended it away from hood to save it. He said he had original exhaust, but didn't get it! Motor, I can't claim idea, fellow MTF member did it to his Suburban.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Did A Bit of reading.. Found out a few things..

The Muffler You can Use Is a Kohler Part: 275679.. Which You can Buy Here

You Can Then Use One Of these Over top of the Muffler to direct the Exhaust away from the Mower..

-Stan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts