My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Had Veterans day off and thought I'd give the truck a well deserved cleaning... even though it's going to get dirty again in about two days thanks to the fall weather, :dunno:. Washed it, cleaned the insides of the windows, applied Rain-X and got a pic the new Recon LED 3rd brake light that I recently installed. It's always amazing to see shiny paint again under a lot of accumulated grime. Almost like having a new vehicle again if it's been a while.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Nice! Got to love cleaning/waxing BLACK truck!! ALOT of sheet metal on that baby!!

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got to love cleaning/waxing BLACK truck!! ALOT of sheet metal on that baby!!
It always makes me nauseated just thinking about it.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
Got it shined up looking really nice!!! What kinda products you use? :dunno:

·
Registered
499 Posts
Austen, my Dad had a 2000 Lincoln Town Car with no vinyl top. We would all get invited over for a family cookout in the summer AKA "Wash and Wax the Town Car gathering"! LOL That car had more sheet metal, man o man I can still feel my arms aching! I finally bought a decent orbital polisher to get it done quicker. It sure looked good when it was done, and Dad'd throw me the keys so I could take it for a stroll. Big Pepere car, but what a nice riding vehicle, we took it on a few road trips just he and I over the years!

Your big ole'truck looks nice all cleaned up, really sharp! My blazer needs a good buff and wax, maybe before winter sets in! Then onto the Impala........ Eric, feel like a road trip? I'll buy the pizza N beer!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Mike, Subway sandwich and diet soda will suffice!! ;)
Me was over weight remember!! LOL :)

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lol feel like that with certain tractors paint job!!
Yup, a lot of effort but the reward is usually worth it. :2th:

Got it shined up looking really nice!!! What kinda products you use?
Thanks,

Usually just some Mothers products like the Carnauba wax. The paint has it's fair share of scratches though.

Austen, my Dad had a 2000 Lincoln Town Car with no vinyl top. We would all get invited over for a family cookout in the summer AKA "Wash and Wax the Town Car gathering"! LOL That car had more sheet metal, man o man I can still feel my arms aching! I finally bought a decent orbital polisher to get it done quicker. It sure looked good when it was done, and Dad'd throw me the keys so I could take it for a stroll. Big Pepere car, but what a nice riding vehicle, we took it on a few road trips just he and I over the years!

Your big ole'truck looks nice all cleaned up, really sharp! My blazer needs a good buff and wax, maybe before winter sets in! Then onto the Impala........ Eric, feel like a road trip? I'll buy the pizza N beer!
:ROFL I'll bet that was a chore! ;) Those are big cars. I'm sure "stroll" was a of an understatement and you did your dad a favor by 'clearing the carbon' out of it a time or two. :D

Eric will be making his rounds!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Austen, you might have to buy me a plane ticket?!��

Reactions: Austen
1 - 9 of 9 Posts