My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a citation with 23hp briggs 386777-0114e1. Last week I mowed no problem full power. This week a friend went to barrow it and he called me saying it had no power and run kinda rough. So I went over an rode it around. No power so while it was running I unpluged on spark plug wire and it died. So I then pluged that one back in and restarted engine. While running I unpluged other cylinder and stayed running no idle change. So I was like plug needs replaced so I put a new set of plugs in. I then jumped back on mower and tried mowing again. Still no power. I pulled back into shop and while engine was still kinda warm took my bare hand and felt valve covers. The one was warm and other was cold. So I was like carb or something aint right. So wondering I pulled the one valve cover off and both push rods fell out bent. So I asked my friend did you use any either to start it? He says no but he a farm guy and he might of. Im not sure though. So between myself and father we have all the tools and knowledge to work on it. Give me your ideas and thoughts on this. My idea is to hold on of the bent ones and hold it in there and crank it over. If it fells as if everything is ok then buy both push rods and put it back together. I just need torque specs for engine. Who has cheapest price on a briggs manual? I also took plug out and placed finger over cylinder head and it has compression

1 - 2 of 2 Posts