My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got their Christmas decorations up yet? Anyone have any elaborate set up for the holidays or any funny stories to go along with it? Feel free to post some pics too! :pics:

·
Registered
552 Posts
Finished the outside today! Don't have any pictures for this year yet, so here's a couple from years past (before I sold the two-lungers). I'll try to get some current pics in a day or two. ~~ grnspot

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,110 Posts
I'd post mine, but you already know about my Griswold moment. They worked when I tested them in the garage, it started to rain after I got two strands up on the roof, and then they work didn't after I got them up:banghead: So, they're sort of back in the garage.

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
We got most of our Christmas things out over the weekend but still need to get a tree. Christmas is going to arrive quicker this year because of the way the calendar fell.

Looking forward to watching the Christmas boats on Lake Washington and going downtown to see the lights like we do every year. A local cruise line always puts together a nice showing of several ships decorated with lights, carolers and other private parties who want to join and travels around the lake. Very pretty and always fun to hear.

As an extension of the subject, what are some of your favorite Christmas time traditions?

I'd post mine, but you already know about my Griswold moment. They worked when I tested them in the garage, it started to rain after I got two strands up on the roof, and then they work didn't after I got them up:banghead: So, they're sort of back in the garage.
Isn't that always frustrating? They worked fine last year, then you go to put them out the next and they don't want to come on.

I'll be watching that movie one soon. It's one of the Christmas ones that I watch this time every year.

Finished the outside today! Don't have any pictures for this year yet, so here's a couple from years past (before I sold the two-lungers). I'll try to get some current pics in a day or two. ~~ grnspot
Very creative display! I like it!

Nothing Yet here.. Our place we go to cut our own is only open on the weekends..

But I may start hanging lights.. It's about 45*F Outside right now!!!
45 degrees sounds nice and warm! Our highs this week are the low 30's, Fahrenheit, and teens at night.

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Looks great!

·
Administrator
6,228 Posts
Nothing here yet. Supposed to be warm tomorrow when I'm off so might get something up if time permits. Current forecast is 4-5" of snow on Friday and temps going back down to the low 20's, then more ice and snow the first part of the next week. Sounds like another year where candles in the windows and a few lights on the covered front porch will be about it.

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
Since I live alone, really don't do much decorating. Do put some lights and tree on my deck at the tracks for my railroad friends. they really enjoy it. Went to Biltmore House in Asheville this past weekend to see all the Christmas decorations. Can't imagine living in a house with 250 rooms, would need a roadmap.

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You have a house that big, you don't worry about mowing the yard. You pay someone else to do it :D

Yea, I know, where's the fun in that?

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
How many bathrooms in that place? You'd need GPS just to get from one end of the house to the other!
Think they said around 100 bathrooms. Google Biltmore House and check it out.

·
Premium Member
6,110 Posts
I toured some of the mansions in Providence, RI a few years ago. They were absolutely spectacular. And to think, many of them were built as the summer homes of their owners! Such a life style is beyond my imagination.

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
None yet this year, Ill be away most of the month so doubt I will

1 - 20 of 21 Posts