My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a JD LX176 that originally had a Kawasaki FC420v engine that was replaced by a B&S model 31B707-0026-E1,about 3 years ago. I am having charging problems and I can't figure out my next move. I can't find the regulator anywhere and I am wondering if it is part of the stator or where it's located. I looked at the ignition switch and saw that it has a circuit board and some components that look like relays and I am wondering if this is where the regulator is located. Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thank you.

·
Administrator
6,228 Posts
Here's a schematic for the LX176 of how it would have been wired at least originally. Generally the regulator is attached around the shroud of the engine pretty close to where the AC wires come out from the alternator. One thing to look for is your battery discharge indicator wires. Look like one side is connected to ground and the other right to the regulator. Hard to tell though with an engine change what all else might have been modified.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
It should be mounted on the side of the engine, the wiring diagram shows that it fitted with box type reg and not a diode in the wire, it should be part of the red wire from the battery.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts