My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all. I have a Scotts self propelled mower with the 6.5hp Tecumseh. I acquired it after it sat unused for a couple years. Carburetor was ruined with float bowl area deteriorated. Ordered a replacement from eBay for $18. I can't get the new carburetor to not flood as soon as I attach the fuel line. Needle seems to seat properly and even has the rubber tip. Float seems to have proper adjustment but am thinking that might be the problem. I've attempted to adjust it but same results. Fuel is clean and float bowl shows no debris when removed. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1953 Lawn Boy, 2008 Craftsman Pro, 1991 JD 260 GT
32 Posts
Hey y'all. I have a Scotts self propelled mower with the 6.5hp Tecumseh. I acquired it after it sat unused for a couple years. Carburetor was ruined with float bowl area deteriorated. Ordered a replacement from eBay for $18. I can't get the new carburetor to not flood as soon as I attach the fuel line. Needle seems to seat properly and even has the rubber tip. Float seems to have proper adjustment but am thinking that might be the problem. I've attempted to adjust it but same results. Fuel is clean and float bowl shows no debris when removed. Any suggestions?
Send the carb back & get a different brand? It does sound like the needle is not seating properly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts