My Lawnmower Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced the carb on a troy bilt 360 model with a briggs and stratton engine. Problem is I didn't take a picture of the linkage or springs when I removed the old carb. I am attaching a picture of the new carb with one small spring and one linkage not attached. This model does not have a choke or a primer bulb. Can anyone take a look at this picture and let me know where they attach.
Thank you.

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
Does the throttle link (the one you have hooked up) have a loop in it or anything like this? that may be where the spring goes.... most likely that 2nd rod is for the automatic choke. If you can get the engine model number that would be a big help. briggs has info on their site on how to find the model number how to find briggs model number at DuckDuckGo

·
Registered
141 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The one rod that comes out from the blower housing hooks to the hole in the choke, however, i'm not seeing anywhere to where the 1 spring hooks to, just that it assists in the choke returning open.
Briggs & Stratton 121S02-0130-F2 - Briggs & Stratton Vertical Engine Controls, Governor Spring, Thermostat Parts Lookup with Diagrams | PartsTree

I've never personally worked on one of these yet, if that doesn't help, Briggs support on their website should be able to help you out.
Many thanks scrubcadet10. I followed your arrows on your diagram and it now works like new. I couldn't find the hole in the choke where the spring attaches to. blew it all out and works great. Thanks again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts