My Lawnmower Forum banner

Carb part?

1180 Views 2 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  themidniteryder
Hey guys back again.....I think my float was stuck or completely off level when I got gas into my crankcase last month.
My engine model # is 303700. It shows 303777, but I can only find info. using zeros at the end.
My question is what is the inlet ( smaller one) next to the inlet the fuel hose attaches to? This never had anything attached to it, and my neighbor who leveled my float and seated the needle valve, said that if you put a hose on the inlet to the carb and fill the bowl up w/gas through the hose, there should be no fuel coming out of anywhere on the carb....except I guess if you filled it too full and it backed up through the hose of course.
So he was filling it and gas came out of the smaller inlet next to the main fuel inlet. Like I said I never had an additional hose to hook to this inlet, so is this a vent or something? Does my carb have some kind of spring in it that acts like a vacuum when the bowl gets full? I know it is gravity fed.
Simplicity 1693379 16hp Vanguard V twin. I can't find a new carb online other than B&S and that is 250.00! Really don't want to go there.:help:
1 - 1 of 3 Posts
1 - 1 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.