My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is technically a Poulan Pro made by Electrolux at the time.... However I'm not finding a sticker on the engine for parts. So... that's why I'm here. In the picture as you may know there is linkage to the carb from the throttle from low to high range. Once you push the throttle past max it pushes on the choke. The problem is the choke doesn't spring back or move at all when the throttle is reduced from the choke position back to max throttle. It moves by hand very easily and stops wherever you leave it. I don't see where any other pictures I've found on the net have anything connected via spring or rod to the choke flap. Any help or pictures pointing me in the direction of what to do would be greatly appreciated. Also where I could find the spring/part at would be nice! :help:

No sticker on the surround of the engine cover for model or serial

This is the sticker under the seat for the actual lawn mower model. Hope it helps.

Look around long enough and you might answer your own question.... Which leads to more questions! :ROFL I see a return spring in this pic since it's pretty much exactly what I have. With that being said... Where did the one on mine go? How do I find just that spring? Kind of a head scratcher? :dunno:

Reactions: fixer

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
In your last pic, do you see the vertical barrel spring under the choke lever? Yours seems to be covered in oil/dirt. Can you check under there to see if it's functional?

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HOLY COW! Thanks for pointing out the obvious to me! I will clean that up and it should return to working as usual. If that doesn't do the trick I kinda found what I'm looking for and I think this is in the right direction but not sure if it fits my specific model of carb.

Briggs & Stratton Small Engine Choke Shaft 792777 Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com

Let me know if this is going in the right direction and where I can get the same kit to fit my model of carb. Here's the carb from sears....

Lawn & Garden Equipment Carburetor | Part Number 792768 | SAME DAY SHIP GUARANTEE from Sears PartsDirect

Thanks for the help!

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
Yes, the spring, etc in question is in the 1st link. Basically, if those two "wings" on the spring are not in the proper place, there is no return tension. They break off, etc. also. Might be all it is. :2th:

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Returning to an issue on this tractor... However not related to the same as before with regards to the carb.

If you look in the first picture you will see that the left tire isn't pointing in the forward position like the right one is.

Last year I had to replace the spindle on the left side of the tractor after it broke. It hasn't been right since. (No pun intended) :ROFL

Is there an adjustment on this? Maybe I got the wrong spindle? I looked up the model and ordered the part from Sears parts direct.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :help:

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very possible! So at that rate can I just replace the tie rod? And be done with it?

Reactions: Ericjr16

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Brian, you could bend it to align it. Dad unbolts the wheel end and put tire in correct spot. Then bends rod so it fit on! Might have to remove it from tractor and use vise. He done it with John Deere tractors with great results!

Reactions: bwhitsonjr

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Eric! I will try that before purchasing a new one. Never thought of that... Leave it to good ol' pops! :bravo:

Reactions: Ericjr16
1 - 9 of 9 Posts