My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A neighbor of my Mom's friend Has a Lawn Boy they want gone.. It's an S21ZPN.. Reasonable condition.. Even will start with gas in the carb.. No idea what I'm going to do with it.

Might just part it out and put the parts on my "Secret Project"... Or, If anyone nearby wants it.. Please send me a PM

-Stan

Attachments

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Keep us posted. :ThumbUp:

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Someone responded to my Craigslist add Today..
2 Awesome Machines.. Moving and cant take them.. I responded saying I was interested.. We shall see if they E-Mail back a Price..

I really hope it's a 3 speed Gold Pro.. And not the Personal pace..

-Stan

Attachments

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bad news guys,
They are in Akron Ohio Which is about an hour drive away.. Having known this I doubt I would have responded.. But I have, And now I want them :p

Well.... I've offered $35 per mower.. Doubt they will take it.. But it's going to mean Dad and I drive 2 Hours and about $30 in gas which is More than I've ever spent on Gas going to get a mower..

We Will see.. My Toro is getting Long in the tooth, And I was looking at the Gold Pro as a new Daily driver mower... Hmmm

-Stan

·
Ret. Moderator
498 Posts
Do it , I drove 2.5 hours into Ohio and had to buy the family lunch ... had much more than $30 invested in picking up mowers :sidelaugh

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They Took $35!!! (Does little dance inside)

Also found some incredibly old thing being thrown out tonight.. Will make a thread on it later

Just have to figure out when I can go get them

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Arranging a time now..

I cant wait... I believe the 3 speed Gold Pro is going to be my new weekly driver.. providing it works well.. The controls are just like the Goodol' Toro.

-Stan

·
Registered
218 Posts
That's a great deal for both of those. I'd love to have a duraforce with the aluminum deck, but all the ones I find for sale around hear are the steel deck, and they want an arm and a leg for them

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sad states of things..

They looked nothing like the Pictures... The promo was seized... rock solid, And the Gold Pro was missing the Pull start and the shifter felt funny...

Despite the man's wife assuring me they ran perfectly, The man said he hadn't ever had the promo running and hadn't ran the Gold Pro since about a year ago..

Oh well.. You win some and that.. but I didn't end up getting either of them.. He even offered them for 10 each.. I declined and then he pushed them into the dumpster.. Oh well... Going to get the first one sometime soon..

On the way home the truck broke down... Front end somewhere, Steering wheel goes all shaky when you go above 25 and making awful sounds... Oh well.. Guess I'm glad I don't own it..

Waited 10 minutes (Heck yeah!) for a Tow truck and got it home and here I am... lawnboyless and now dad needs to get his truck fixed...

-Kori

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
One thing, My neighbor has a Gold Pro with a Muffler below deck like an F series.. Thought it was a home made thing but I guess they really made them... It looked so weird without the big muffler on top.. Sounds bizarre too.. Really suppressed and tinny.

-Stan

·
Administrator
7,693 Posts
Sorry the mowers didn't work out. It's pretty disappointing to drive that far and then realize that you've been lied to.:banghead: Especially when the front end on your truck takes a holiday!:dunno:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts