My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,109 Posts
This is sort of fun. Don't know for sure what it is, but it looks kind of fuzzy, so I'm going to guess it's a seal of some kind.

What's the small engine forum you're talking about? I'm having some trouble with a Kawasaki that keeps surging, maybe somebody over there would have an answer for what ails it.

·
Ret. Moderator
498 Posts
Hello there, I do this all the time on another small engine forum that I co-admin, So, I decided to give it a go here!

Can Anyone tell me what this part is? :dunno:

'Stan
Kohler air cleaner gasket ????? :dunno:

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
With what looks like a slight tint of green staining, it kind of reminds me of a felt dust/debris seal from behind a lawn mower blade to keep junk from destroying the seal on the bottom of the spindle. Think I had something similar on a Craftsman rider I once owned.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, Everyone gave a good guess, However Comm king was the closest...Yet he was still wrong.

It is a Wool Gasket for a Lawn-Boy Air filter from a C series.

:bravo: Well done, thanks everyone for trying, I will try and do this once a week or more, providing I have the time.

And By the way, that forum is Outdoorking.com.au

'Stan

Attachments

·
Ret. Moderator
498 Posts
I don't remember putting one of these on (and the 2 I restored are both "c" engines) I will need to check.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts