My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay bought this mower for 50 bucks.. the guy that had it before me had it really heavily modified so its hard to tell whats original or not. i do know however the specs from whats left of the stickers
model number536-813601AC3
36"
18.65ci 8hp
craftsman transaxle drive 3 speed tranny with reverse

·
Founding Administrator
1,256 Posts
With that model number, you should be able to track down parts or some info from either Sears or one of the manual supply sites. As far as the engine goes, probably the model number would get you all the info you would need as far as parts, etc.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cant find this lawnmower at all...

welll thats what i thought as well.. i called sears and had them back search and took them about a week but they called me back... no records of it at all....ive googled everything i can think of... nothing at all... and the motor that came with it isnt the original 8horse..... its a newer 12 horse

G

·
The manufacture code is 536 (the first three digits of the number) and that was made by
536 Western Tool & Stamping (Before AMF Lawn & Garden Div.)

I got the manufacture code from this website,

Sears and Craftsman Source Product Code | Professional Power Tool Guide

So this is going to be a bit of a detective story as Western Tool
and Stamping was bought out by AMF, who was bought out by Murray,
who were bought out by the Chinese, who sold Murray in bankruptcy
to Briggs and who combine Murray and Simplicity. So you might have]
a hard securing parts for this mower as it is a true orphan.

I can not help much on this anymore then to state what I did. It is
more for information for you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the welcome! and as for your research holy cow good job cause i would have never figured that out....now for the orphan deal.... so being that all of the buying and selling of the companies comes about.... why would the model number tag be stamper sears a roebuck yadda yadda yadda made in illinois... as with the rest of the stickers on the mower having craftsman and sears stamped all over it.... you porrly already answered it i just dont know any more about this than obama does about being president! rut roh didnt mean to say that HA

·
Administrator
6,234 Posts
... why would the model number tag be stamper sears a roebuck yadda yadda yadda made in illinois... as with the rest of the stickers on the mower having craftsman and sears stamped all over it.... .
Since Sears does not make their own, whoever gave them a good bid at the time is the manufacture. The same goes for their appliances. For many years they were re-branded Whirlpool for example. Also another example is once upon a time RCA made their TV's. The parts problem arises when the original manufacture goes out of business or changes hands as the Sears parts are actually coming from the original manufacture. Once that source dries up then no more parts. This is probably why they have went ahead and removed the model from their website since they can no longer support it on the service side.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts