My Lawnmower Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the flyer from the Farm & Fleet store offering discounts on tune ups on lawn mower, riding mower and other lawn equipment. The mowing season can't be too far off.

How many folks have started getting their equipment ready?

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
I haven't yet, but it is about time. The park brake cable on my Dixon zeroturn snapped last fall so I'm going to have to fix that before I can use it. Besides that, the ZTR and my HR214 probably should have the engine oil drained and refilled.

Yup, spring is on the way for sure. I read a thread on MTF from a guy in Upstate, New York that just received a significant snowfall the last few days, but I don't think we can hope for that anymore.

·
Registered
650 Posts
as warm as this winter has been , at least here ,it shouldnt be long before mowing begins...i have started on my stuff but haven't finished anything yet

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
I wish it was getting near that time here, but we're still a good 2 -2 1/2 months away yet before any mowing happens. No spring insight yet for here at least! Lots of rain and cold weather, even some snow flurrys this past week. Usually it's rainy and cold here all the way up until the end of May (yeah, you don't really get much of a spring here in Seattle) until finally June arrives. Let's call it one week of spring until you hit 'summer.' But, I am looking forward to what nice weather we'll have because it is always very beautiful here on nice days though, it just doesn't happen often enough. Moral of story, I wish I lived down south! :D

Anyway, yes, this is most definitely the time now to get your mowers serviced and in the shop (if that's what you do) before they get swamped and are a couple of weeks out before they can service your machine. I've been really looking forward to being able to get some quality time behind (and on) my machines this year. :cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts