My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Please see first pic! second one of motorcycle forum was by mistake and I can’t figure out how to delete it sorry! I just figured how to enter a question here right now. Sooo, the blue and black wire is connected to the wiring that connects under the ignition. It needs plugged somewhere else somewhere around steering wheel are but I have no clue where. I have black and blue wires connected toward front of riding mower by headlights do I thought this would go under headlight switch by steering wheel but I can’t find a right fit. The only way it may go there is if I accidentally attached 2 red wires under the headlight switch a month ago but I don’t think I did but it was a while ago so who knows? If that is the case I wouldn’t know where the 2 red wires go? Ugh I hope someone could please give me some advice or request additional pics if needed as I believe this is the only thing keeping me from starting my mower. Please HELP it would be a HUGE help. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Thanks! It’s a Husqvarna YTH18542
In the wiring diagram, it looks like there's a blue/black wire pair going to the Hour Meter. The only other blue wire listed goes to the fuel shut-off solenoid.
Schematic Font Parallel Technical drawing Diagram

Attachments

Reactions: Grunt and Brad

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you! I don’t know why it says black and brown to the headlights as it’s clearly black and blue at the front harness. Maybe this is a different schematic but it’s the same model? Also, do you know where the fuel shut off solenoid is located? I don’t have an hour meter also.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Maybe this is a different schematic but it’s the same model?
MTD & Husqvarna manuals leave a lot to be desired... They tend to be VERY generic and are not always edited/revised to match the specific models they purport to cover.
Also, do you know where the fuel shut off solenoid is located?
If your model has one, it's on the fuel supply line between the tank and the carburetor, most often right at the carburetor.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts