My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was looking at CL as always and found this local Craftsman LTX1000 with bad hydro. It would only move in reverse?? GUY USED IT THIS WAY IN FALL?? :dunno: Turned out I bought the guys last tractor from him last year!! :sidelaugh
Nice running tractor and bought it for less than $200! Got it home last night and everything works except forward? Thank God I had this hydro already and we swapped it today. Made mistake and the pulley/fan combo hit gas tank, had to remove it and swap the pulley/fan. After reinstalling hydro, moves like it should!! SWEETNESS! :ThumbUp: I was inspired to buff/detail after taking tins off engine to check for smell of mouse, had previous nest remnants. We pressure washed the engine and re installed tins. I buffed the bad scratches out and got it looking nice. Tried the deck at blowing seed husks and did great! Real happy with this one!
The before pictures. Right after unloading out of truck last night.

This morning pictures.

Cleaning engine.

The bad hydrostatic unit.

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
I've seen where the engines look a way without some cover before... I didn't know it was the cover for the engine. I know it sounds confusing myself. Anywho..... I figure I can do this with mine Eric? The Poulan Pro single B&S Intek?

Reactions: Ericjr16

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup, just a few screws on side to remove cover. Just loosen them and remove oil cap, should slip right off. Always good to remove them to clean fins.
Here is yours with out cover on.

Reactions: bwhitsonjr

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A video of it running/driving!

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
One last note when it comes to pressure washing. Any area I should keep away from or watch out for. It seems to have a lot more wiring than mine.... Kinda like the one in the picture! Thanks bud :)

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You should not aim at wiring too much and have WD-40 for after! I accidentally popped off vacuum hose for fuel pump off when I did ours. It stalled and it took us a bit to find it!
You should do fine, I really like that tractor your doing!!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys! Just need to check the deck out and look for any issues and service!

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
Let me know if you have any interesting finds.... As it's kinda a distant relative to my current spruce up. :)

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So far she is a sound tractor! No work today, paying for over doing it this weekend. My body is suffering through work today. My thumb joint is said to have arthritis in it. Hurt very badly while building sewer tank at work.

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
:( Noooo good. Take it easy on that body.... It will thank you :)

P.S. We need you back at it as soon as possible... Some of the other guys are going to have to take up the slack :sidelaugh

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Busy day at work today, all day flatbed trucking! Have to come on and help! Bryan needs backup!

·
Administrator
7,693 Posts
You'll push on through it. It seems like irritations can pile up real bad once in a while, but pretty soon, you'll be past it and you'll be doing something fun! :2th:

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No worries motor! Was great day! Left 8:15am, got back 3:00PM! Almost 200 miles, only issue is flatbed gets rough on back after a while! Roads are better now that frost heaves left!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
We took deck off and rhino lined it. Think she is ready for a new home. Will run it some to make sure it working right.

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
This rhino the deck treatment you've been doing. Would you suggest anyone do this to a new deck or is this something you do to revive the older decks? Do you use the roll on or what they have available in the spray can now? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi Bryan! Sorry just saw this! You could do it to a new deck. It is Rustoem truck bed liner spray can in WalMart and other places! We have even used it on John Deere machine. Top coat it yellow after drying. Works nice!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Our friend Bob sent a father and son over today. They fell for the Craftsman! I had to call them after work. They low balled dad some, he passed the buck on me!! ;) . They got it for a little less than i pictured it to sell. Thank God it going to good home. Guess kid wants to mow as a small business. Told them it isn't commercial machine. We will see how it goes.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts