My Lawnmower Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I picked up a couple yard bugs a short while ago for $50 for the pair. My wife actually found them for me!. Imagine that!
One was in fair condition needing control cables and misc other parts. The other was a donor with lots of good parts to include spare engine and tranny.

yardbuga.JPG yardbugb.JPG yardbugc.JPG
This is how I received them. The previous owner had the sense to keep the engines covered.

yardbug3.JPG yardbug4.JPG yardbug5.JPG
I partially disassembled everything to clean in all the nooks and crannys
yardbug1.JPG yardbug2.JPG
Here she is all cleaned up and running like a champ!

I plan on blasting and repainting the deck. I do have the clippings basket that goes under the seat (Not Pictured). I would like to find a set of original decals for the sides but all I can find are the "Yard Man" Yard Bug by MTD right now. I would also like to find a new cover for the seat and the optional side discharge chute for the deck as well.

The tires on the front were new and I rebuilt the front end with new parts. I have an extra set of rims for the front that I will blast and repaint.

The spare engine turns freely, unknown if it will run for now and the spare tranny works but has a lot of play on the axles. I suspect bearings if this model has them and its not just part of the case. Thats it for now!

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Nice work!! Wow, it looks nearly brand new. That's great that you're fixing it all up. It's always a helpful thing when you have a second one for parts.

Are your plans to keep it once you've finished fixing it up?

Thanks for sharing the project with us! :)

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll probably hang on to it. My wife thinks its cute. I've got an idea for the spare frame but I won't commit to anything yet :) There not worth a fortune but if the right offer came along I'd consider it and let it help fund some other projects.....With my wifes permission of coarse ;)

·
Administrator
6,223 Posts
;) I thought for a minute there you were going to tell us how the bug you buried in the yard yesterday had sprouted two new ones today. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts